Friday, December 4, 2009

Rest in Peace, Eddie Fatu

Most of you knew him as Umaga. Eddie Fatu passed away today. There is no official word yet as what the cause of death was, but it appears to have been drug-related.

Fatu wasn't my favorite wrestler. He did, however, occasionally bust out a great match. I especially liked his work with John Cena and Jeff Hardy.

This is one of those nights where I question my fandom of the pro wrestling industry. The business has brought me so much entertainment and joy over the years, but when these tragedies continue to pile up, it really makes me wonder if it's really worth it.

I had hoped this younger generation of grapplers would rise above the mistakes of the past generation. But with Andrew Martin, Mike Lockwood, and now Eddie Fatu gone, it appears the deadly trend is going to continue.

We'll have to wait and see, I suppose.

No comments: